Setting a simple holiday table

a simple holiday table // a thousand threads
It’s not always easy to see when we’re young, but once we’ve grown up, we begin to trace the pieces of ourselves back to our parents… my love for holiday traditions, of course, has everything to do with my family. But so does my love for setting a holiday table.

My mom has always been a brilliant entertainer, and as a child, though I loved to spend time in the kitchen, I remember laughing at her huge collection of dishes… thinking there must be better things out there to stockpile.

Today I have my own growing pile… one that’s taken over cabinets, shelves, closets… and one that’s still far from where I’d like it to be.

So this weekend, with a little help from the gorgeous piles of wholesale flowers sent my way by the folks at Fiftyflowers.com, I foraged a few holidays greens and set a simple holiday table that I hope my mom would be proud of.

We have so many plans for the coming year… plans for Field + Foundry, plans for Dough Uprising, plans for this blog…

There’s something so special about sitting down to a beautifully placed table… the whole experience grows from there. And there’s nothing more satisfying than a truly wonderful meal.

We can’t wait to fill this table with piles of food and the generous love of our family and friends.

a simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threadsa simple holiday table // a thousand threads24 merry days // a thousand threads24 merry days // a thousand threads

1. Leanna
    Posted December 17, 2014 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!……

Posted December 18, 2014 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Thanks momma. 😉

2. Posted December 17, 2014 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

Beautiful flowers!! Love this holiday table. Enjoy time with your family and friends, Laicie!

Posted December 18, 2014 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Thanks lady!! Happy holidays!

3. Posted December 18, 2014 at 7:29 am | Permalink

so gorgeous! I love the way those roses and berries and beeswax colors are working together.

Posted December 18, 2014 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much, Emily!!

4. Posted December 18, 2014 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

This is gorgeous! Where did you get the pinecones?? -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Posted December 18, 2014 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

Thanks lady!!! We picked them up under a tree outside our house, actually!