New roads

new roads // a thousand threads
Things are changing fast in these parts, not the seasons, of course — winter always does seem to stick around — but certainly everything else.

Last week, Mark was in the midst of interviewing for a job that we didn’t want to get our hopes up over when the price on a home we’ve been watching intently suddenly dropped.

I’ll be the first to say that the home is a total mess…. but it has the bones of a true beauty. Mid-century perfection hiding under a year or sixty of carpeted bathrooms and crumbling brick… it could be our dream home. So we jumped. Neveryoumind the challenge of qualifying for a loan on just one full income…

new roads // a thousand threads
We asked if the current owners might be willing to accept a contingent offer, and when they weren’t, we put our house up for sale.

For the past six months, our life has been a series of “if, then” statements… never sure what we could plan. Maybe we’d be able to make it to California this summer, maybe we’d move, maybe we’d start growing our little family… maybe. We were in limbo.

Every time we took a step forward we were stopped in our tracks. But we were done waiting… it was time to take a chance. Who knows, maybe Mark would get that job.

… and then he did.

He starts next Monday, and with any luck our house will be on, and off, the market soon.

It wasn’t a big leap, but it was finally a real step… one in a long line of steps down a new road that I can’t wait to explore.

Though I have to admit… I’m still a little terrified of what’s ahead.

new roads // a thousand threads

1. Posted January 26, 2015 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

Oh Laice, such fantastic news! For you, for Mark, for your little family. Congratulations on taking that real step, I hope it leads somewhere wonderful x

2. Posted January 26, 2015 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Congratulations to the both of you! I know how frustrating that limbo stage can be. Sending good vibes your way!

3. Posted January 26, 2015 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!! We took a leap of faith and moved two weeks ago. We still haven’t rented our condo but are confident it was the right decision for us. Good luck with all the changes!

4. Posted January 26, 2015 at 10:59 pm | Permalink

How exciting! It’s always so difficult to take that first step when you’re so excited and afraid to be disappointed, but somehow the universe seems to lead us in the right direction!

5. Posted January 27, 2015 at 8:38 am | Permalink

OMG – congrats!!! What a wonderful way to start the year!! Extra congrats to Mark too – I’m sure it hasn’t been easy waiting for a job. I’ve been there!! sending lots of love!!

6. Posted January 27, 2015 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Congrats! Very exciting!

7. Posted January 27, 2015 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

Beautiful .. “And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should”

8. Posted January 27, 2015 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Wow, change is brewin’ for you guys! So happy Mark got a new job, and I hope that dream house becomes a reality very soon 🙂

9. Posted January 28, 2015 at 10:21 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I’m sure everything will be great. This is just the beginning. SO happy for you. 🙂

10. Posted January 28, 2015 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Beautiful images. congratulations.

11. Michelle
    Posted January 28, 2015 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Congrats Laicie and mark!

12. Posted January 28, 2015 at 5:44 pm | Permalink

Aw, I’m just so happy for you guys!

13. Amanda L
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 11:49 am | Permalink

I’m late to the party but congratulations to Mark and good luck with selling your house!!

Posted February 16, 2015 at 2:54 pm | Permalink