Self portrait project // 4 + Links

52 self portraits // a thousand threads
This is a pretty accurate depiction of the last week… wrapped up in every scarf, hat, and blanket we have in an effort to escape the cold that somehow manages to seep in no matter the number on the thermostat.

Beyond the cold, we’ve been riding the roller coaster of emotions that is selling/buying a house… with some not so good news. The house we fell in love with (despite ourselves, since they wouldn’t take a contingent offer and here we are with a house…) sold out from under us. We weren’t worried, since it had been on the market for over a year and the agent had assured us she’d be in contact if there were any offers…

Unfortunately she wasn’t. And there go our chances. But we’re trying to tell ourselves that we’ll find another as soon as the time comes. And hey, who knows… maybe it will be better. Closer to the city, no giant propane tank in the yard… there are plenty of possibilities, and right now all we can do is try to look on the bright side. (This is my day after finding out voice talking… I promise I wasn’t quite so chipper last night…)

But, on the really bright side, at least now we don’t have to be in such a hurry to sell our current home. We can wait for a good offer.

And that’s worth at least a little bit of celebration right there.

52 self portraits // a thousand threads

Dumplings sound like heaven in this cold, and these are so perfect.

Why “chai tea” is redundant.

Such the best news.

Will it ever be warm again?

One of the best (of many very good) tributes to David Carr.

The early spirit of blogging.

This German family.

If critics wrote about the best male director nominees the same way they write about Ava Duvernay.

This butternut mac ‘n’ tease.

This beautiful process.

52 self portraits // a thousand threads

1. Posted February 21, 2015 at 10:35 am | Permalink

This housing market right now is just insane! We’ve had three homes taken out from under us already in the past two months, which is odd considering it’s not quite spring yet.

Not sure where you guys are looking exactly….we were trying anywhere between Winchester, Leesburg, Middleburg & Lovettsville, but after three failed attempts, we decided to look over in Charles Town/ Harper’s Ferry, WV. We’ve had MUCH better luck over there! Just put an offer in this week on a house and are waiting on the inspection and appraisal now.

If you’re looking closer to D.C. on the VA side, we were working with Tanya Kerr, and she is absolutely amazing! Highly recommend her. Hope the house hunt continues to improve for you guys, sending all the good vibes your way!! 🙂

2. Posted February 22, 2015 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

These photos are the sweetest, even if news on the house-buying front wasn’t quite so great. As with all things, I’m confident that it wasn’t meant to be, and that the perfect next step is waiting for you to find it!

3. Kami
    Posted February 23, 2015 at 10:45 am | Permalink

This reminds me of ya’ll on Mardi Gras last year

Posted February 23, 2015 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Haha! I was thinking of that with the cold at the same time! Wishing we were there again this year though, even if it was cold. 🙂

4. Posted February 26, 2015 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Ugh house buying can be such a frustrating experience – I hope something better comes along for you guys soon. And these photos are SO adorable, buuut I’m still ready for winter to take a hike 🙂

Posted March 5, 2015 at 10:52 am | Permalink