Self portrait project // 10

52 self portraits // a thousand threads
Okay you guys, it’s been busy. But there are so many updates to share!

First — and I’m so scared to jinx this because so much could still go wrong, but here goes — our house is under contract! We have an inspection and appraisal to get through (Any recommendations for super sly appraisal bribes? just kidding… sort of.) and then we’re out by the end of the month. SO soon…

The good news is (and again, fingers crossed!) we already have a contract on a new house!!

It’s a little bit closer to the city, but still in a rural community we love, and more perfect than I ever thought we’d find. There’s still some work to be done, but that’s just the way we like it, since eventually we’ll be able to personalize all of the details that will make it our home for what we hope will be years to come. I’m just dying to show you around, but I suppose we should probably get through what will now be two appraisals and two inspections…

Let’s just hope my sanity holds out until May.

The big life events all seem to be coming at once.

52 self portraits // a thousand threads52 self portraits // a thousand threads

1. Posted April 9, 2015 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Good luck! I hope it all works out. I also hope we can meet up sometime when I move to your neck of the woods in June!

Posted April 9, 2015 at 7:57 am | Permalink

OMG I’m so behind, where are you moving?!? Yes we have to meet up!!!

2. Posted April 9, 2015 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Good luck and congratulations. The stress will all be worth it!

3. Posted April 9, 2015 at 8:20 am | Permalink

This is so exciting! Good luck!! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

4. Posted April 9, 2015 at 9:27 am | Permalink

I think one of your yummy pies would be a great appraisal bribe :-) Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

5. Posted April 9, 2015 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys, and here’s to a big drink when this month is through!

6. Amanda L
    Posted April 10, 2015 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Based on the picture I have a rough idea of where your new house is and I am SO JEALOUS! We looked there but couldn’t find just the right place.

Also, we tried to get our appraiser to RAISE the price of the appraisal on our house, and he wouldn’t do it… those people tend to be ethical to a fault these days! šŸ˜‰ But pie can’t hurt!

Posted April 10, 2015 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Actually the picture is a little misleading haha, we bought a place in Poolesville — close to the water but not quite as close as this. And darn those appraisers and their integrity haha. šŸ˜‰ We’re so excited though!! Can’t wait to share more about the house!