We have some news!

we have some news! // a thousand threads
I’m so thrilled to finally share that it’s going to be a very exciting winter for the Heeley clan – this February, we’re expecting an addition to our crew!

Mark and I are just over the moon – and happy to report that Austin couldn’t be more excited. Lennon is still blissfully unaware of the chaos to come, but we’re sure he’ll be just as pleased as the rest of us when he realizes we’re about to go back to the days of dropped food.

At sixteen weeks, baby is happy, healthy, growing steadily, and letting me know it. I’ve gotten a crash course in intense morning (otherwise known as all the time) sickness these past few months… nausea, headaches, vertigo, and all of the things I now know can come along with the first (and into the second, so far…) trimester. But I hear that means good things for the baby’s development, so for now, I’m sleeping a whole lot more, working a whole lot less, and rolling with the punches.

we have some news! // a thousand threads
Mark has, meanwhile, been a saint… keeping me awash in healthy meals, force-feeding me water, taking care of our home and our littles, and making sure I’m as comfortable as I can possibly be. I know it’s hard to be on the other side too, I can see the worry in his eyes and I know he must feel powerless to protect us both… but we feel so lucky to have him by our side.

Mark and I have known for a long time that we wanted to grow our family, but I never knew I’d be quite so excited as I am to welcome this little person into the world.

It’s such a good world, this little life of ours… I can’t wait to show this bundle around.

1. Posted August 20, 2015 at 11:42 am | Permalink

I’m so excited for you, Laicie! Let me know if I can bring over any Saltines.

Posted August 20, 2015 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness, yes! If even just so we have the chance to catch up! Thanks lady!!!

2. Posted August 20, 2015 at 11:53 am | Permalink

Laicie!! I’m SO happy for you and Mark :). This is amazing news. Hope to see you both soon!

Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Yes!! Thank you!! And we’re missing you two! Hope you’re good and definitely that we see you soon!! xo

3. Dani Crockett
    Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Congrats! So happy for you!!!

Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Thanks Dani!!!

4. Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Such exciting news! I have a feeling you two will be wonderful parents. :)

5. Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Yipppeeeeee!!! Congratulations!!! I can’t wait to hear more about your new journey!!

6. Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Congrats! We’re expecting our first little one in November :-) Once the first trimester woes subside, you’ll definitely feel more human. Hang in there and enjoy!

7. Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Happy happy day! You look fantastic! Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough time of it. I had a super rough first 18 weeks too, but at 30 weeks now, I’m feeling mostly good, though feeling all the normal discomforts. Looking forward to meeting our little man!

8. Sadye Johns-Lynch
    Posted August 20, 2015 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Ahhhh!! I just burst into tears at work!! I am so happy for you, Mark and Austin!!! I’m sorry to hear you’re having a rough time with the morning sickness (I feel your pain). Hopefully it will ease up soon. I’ll be thinking good thoughts for you! My best piece of advice: Don’t be a hero. Get the epidural. xoxoxo

9. Posted August 20, 2015 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Yay!! Congrats!! So exciting!

10. Misty Olson
    Posted August 21, 2015 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Congrats! I am so happy for you both. Enjoy every single moment. Time goes by way to fast.

11. Posted August 21, 2015 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Wow! So, so, so thrilled for you!

12. Posted August 23, 2015 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Congratulations!!! Morning sickness AND home reno? Girl you’re already supermom. Looking forward to following along on your journey.

13. Posted August 23, 2015 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness, congratulations! Couldn’t be happier for the two of you!!

14. Posted August 31, 2015 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!!! <3

15. Posted September 7, 2015 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

Wow! Sounds exciting! Congratulations. So happy for you.

16. Posted November 28, 2015 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Congratulations, Laicie!!!! You look so amazing!!